It’s New Map Monday in North Ranch: Wishbone Loop to Bowfield Trail
- Difficult hike of 5.7 miles with 1300′ of climbing
- Good for conditioning because the Alapay and Meadow Vista Trails are quite steep
- Good views of Simi Valley and Lang Ranch Open Space
- Bowfield and Aqiwo Trails are two of the segments of the 2023 Conejo Open Space Challenge (https://cosf.org/challenge; colored green on the map)
- Masses of poppies blooming on Aqiwo Trail in April!
Much of this route is moderately steep so you quickly get to an elevation with great views in all directions that are constantly changing. This steepness makes for a great workout, however, it will be a challenge for mountain bikers who aren’t really strong climbers.
Distance: 5.7 miles
Cumulative Climbing and Descent: About 1300’
Popularity: These trails are quite popular so you are likely to see other people on this route.
Parking: Free at Westlake Village Community Park, and on Bowfield Street if you start at the north end
For all the details including an elevation profile and photos, download the printable full PDF guide.
For complete details on this trail guide and other new ones, go to https://cosf.org/trails/trail-guides/