“You in the Conejo” monthly photo contest rules and tips
Starting in 2023, we are challenging you with the “You in the Conejo” contest! We want to see photos of you and find out how good you are at locating specific kinds of sights in our Open Space. Each month in 2023, we’ll post the name of something that you can find in the Conejo Open Space.
Here are the rules:
- At the start of each month, we’ll identify a specific item (e.g., “an oak tree”) for you to find within the Conejo Open Space. As long as the object is within COSCA property, it qualifies.The challenge is in effect the entire month to give you time to complete it.
- After you’ve located an object that matches the challenge description, take a selfie with it. It’s okay to include other people or pets in your photo as long as we can see that you found the challenge subject. (For the camera shy, it’s all right to photograph just your hand or foot with the subject. And if your photo includes minors, please be the legal guardian.)
- Then post the photo of yourself to your Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #youintheconejo and tag COSF (@ConejoOpenSpaceFoundation). Identify where in the Conejo Open Space you took it. Make sure your privacy setting on the photo will allow us to view it. If all of that social-media effort sounds overwhelming, just email us your entry with the location info and we’ll post it for you. (That’s email@example.com.) We will then post your entry to our social media accounts.
- The contest is open to anyone 18 years of age or older.
- Only one entry will be counted per person per monthly contest.
- Of the people who successfully complete the month’s challenge, a winner will be drawn at random at the end of that contest, just as in the past. We’re also offering a new prize: An earth-friendly COSF t-shirt! And this year, you can win multiple times.
To be notified by email of each month’s new challenge, please sign up here.
Happy trails—and selfies—to you. We look forward to seeing what you find.