Lynne Connell Henderson is Our April ‘You in the Conejo’ Winner!
April’s “You in the Conejo” winner is Lynne Connell Henderson, whose selfie featured her with friends on a Wildwood Regional Park trail bridge (at right). “A trail bridge” was the challenge subject for April. You can check out other entries on Facebook and Instagram at the hashtag #youintheconejo.
We don’t have an official “runner-up” category, but we also loved. our board member Steve Johnson’s entry (below) featuring what he says is the open space’s smallest bridge—and we believe him! It’s near the bottom of. the Powerline Trail.
And if you’re new to this, here’s a recap of the “You in the Conejo” rules:
- Each month in 2023, we’ll post the name of something that you can find in the open space. Then we want to see you post a selfie of you with it—for the month of May, it’s—of course—SPRING FLOWERS! Any flowers alongside a trail, as long as they’re within COSCA property, qualifies, although we should prefer native flowers and not garden escapees.
- The challenge is in effect the entire month to give you time to complete it. (And if you’re not sure about Open Space boundaries, please see our new trail guides on this single web page.)
- After you’ve located something that matches the challenge description, take a selfie with the object. It’s okay to include other people or pets in the photo as long as we can see that you found the challenge subject. (For the camera shy, it’s all right to photograph just your hand or foot with the subject. And if your photo includes identifiable minors, please be the legal guardian.) Then post the photo of yourself to your Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #youintheconejo and tag COSF (@ConejoOpenSpaceFoundation). Identify where in the Conejo Open Space you took it. Make sure your privacy setting on the photo will allow us to view it. If all of that social-media effort sounds overwhelming, just email us your entry with the location info. (That’s firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- The contest is open to anyone 18 years of age or older.
- Only one entry will be counted per person per monthly contest.
- Of the people who successfully complete the month’s challenge, a winner will be drawn at random at the end of that contest, just as in the past. We’re also offering a new prize: An earth-friendly COSF t-shirt! And this year, you can win multiple times.
To be notified by email of each month’s new challenge, please sign up here.
Happy trails—and selfies—to you. We look forward to seeing what you find.