Native Plantpalooza & Eco Fest Returns October 7, 2023
On Saturday, October 7, the Conejo Open Space Foundation will host its second annual free event featuring dozens of eco-related exhibitors and fun activities for kids. Native Plantpalooza & Eco Fest will be held rain or shine at the Lakeside Pavilion area in the Conejo Creek North Park in Thousand Oaks from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The festival’s exhibitors include butterfly experts from Betina’s Butterfly Garden, noted wildflower painter and author Stacy Ruda Best, and many more.
Exhibitors will have native plants and other eco-related goodies for sale, as well as plenty of freebies. Attendees can learn about water-wise, fire-resistant native-plant gardening and design, how to adapt to climate change, and get tips on living sustainably and being a good steward of our public lands, while kids can learn about plants and animals and what they can do to help the environment.
There will be two special presentations in the Lakeside Pavilion:
At 10:00 a.m. Antonio Sanchez, nursery manager and restoration volunteer coordinator for the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area, will speak about growing milkweed and the Milkweed Project he has spearheaded.
At 11:00 a.m., Animal Actors of Hollywood will introduce kids and adults to some of the animals they may see in the open space and how to interact with them.
- Acorn Design Studios
- Athens Services
- Stacey Ruda Best Nature Art
- Betina’s Butterfly Garden
- California American Water
- California Wildlife Center
- Calleguas Municipal Water District
- Chumash Indian Museum
- Citizen’s Climate Lobby
- Conejo Climate Coalition
- Conejo Open Space Conservation Agency
- Conejo Recreation and Parks Department
- Conejo Valley Audubon Society
- Conejo Valley Botanic Garden
- Conejo Valley Garden Club
- Fleet Feet
- Forest Needle Wellness
- Growing Works Nursery
- National Wildlife Federation representing the Wallis Annenberg Wildlife Crossing
- Santa Monica Mountains Fund Nursery
- Save My Bees
- Southwestern Herpetologists Society
- Theodore Payne Foundation Nursery
- Thousand Oaks High School Environmental Club
- Thousand Oaks Library
- 350 Conejo
Thanks to attendee suggestions from last year, we will have snacks and soft drinks available for purchase at the Snackpalooza tent. And special thanks also to our marquee sponsor this year: Calleguas Water District!
Attendees who preregister and donate to support COSF get a small free drought-tolerant plant to take home. Registration is open now, so let us know you’ll be there!